Which treatments are available vary according to:
- Which UK country you live in
- Extent of any liver damage
- Whether you have had treatment before.
- Whether or not you should be prescribed interferon.
In a small number of instances there are more detailed criteria.
Treatments for genotypes 5 and 6 are not covered by guidance in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
In Scotland there is no guidance for genotypes 4, 5 and 6.
Please contact our helpline if:
- If there is no treatment in the guidelines for your genotype.
- If you are struggling to understand what treatment you can expect.
- If you have concerns about any of the treatment you have been offered.
Our helpline is staffed by patients who all have or have had hepatitis C. They can be reached on 0845 223 4424 or 020 7089 6221 (10.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday). Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer any questions you may have.